Sunday, August 26, 2007

Taken away... in Memories

Let the weak say, "I am strong."
Let the poor say, "I am rich."
Let the blind say, "I can see;
It's what the Lord has done in me."

This this the song... it touches me... It really comforts me a lot... This day... I am saddened by an incident that challenges my faith... my patience and will... My rock bike is gone... GONE!!!

It is indeed an incident that i never expected it to happen. It was a typical Sunday where i go and help out at church. I cycled there and LOCKED my bike to Paul's bike and to the 3 pipes... BUT at 1:45PM (est.) Paul called me and said, 'Garry, your bike is gone." At first, i thought he was joking. I thought he might have taken my keys and unlock it and play a joke on me... BUT as i go down... I saw all that was left is just the chain cut loose. I am shocked! I just don't know what to say and what to do~

All these while, i never expect my bike to disappear from church. It's at CHURCH"s MAIN entrance! the place where all church members are entering and exiting! But believe it or not.. it's now gone... i took precautions of bringing my bike inside my home instead of locking it downstairs my apartment. making sure i lock it well before leaving my bike around... NOW... it's gone! GONE...

The first point that came to my mind was, Did i sin against GOD? what have i done that caused me to deserve this? This is ridiculous... i can't take it! I can't accept it... At the same time, my mind struggles with me telling me to calm down and pray... I thank God my consciousness is still taking control... With all the church people surrounding me... All giving me their 'condolence'...

My mind stray so far that i thought of "How am i suppose to go uni now?"... back to old shape.. WALK! sigh... i just could bear it... I am so disappointed! after all the cycling... the comfort-ness of conveniences... going every in Sunway as i like. Going church anytime i like. Going Uni according to my preference of time... going to eat and going home as i like...

NOW... with my bike Gone... It's like in the Mika Song... "... like God took away my legs..."... Indeed... my conveniences are restricted once again...

But after all the thoughts.. with confuse and lost... I turn to God... for refuge and direction... Indeed... when man search high and low, left and right, up and down... There's only one way to turn to... GOD!

Seeking answer through prayers, devotion and saints... At once, i felt like i am like Job. But my conscience tells me not... Job lost everything. I didn't. Job suffered loss all by himself. I loss it with Paul.. So, i am not in the worst situation after all...

Through the daily bread...God comforts me with the bible verse in 1 Peter 5:7 "Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you" there on, i cast all my heart-felt to God... i seek for Patience, strength, Love, Peace and Joy from Him! With the addition devotion summary verse that says "Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength." —Isaiah 40:31

That really soothes some part of the pain. some verses promptly pops out of my mind... with on of them:

Isaiah 55:8-9 8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. 9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

I did the Lord's prayer during my devotion. With that, it brought my attention to 'Let Your Will be done on earth as it it in Heaven...' This may happen and i don't know why it happened... I choose to hang on to my Lord. My lord knows whats best for me...

As i move on... these thoughts come to me... I shall look forward... not backward... Perhaps, I am suppose to lose the bike so that i don't get into an accident.. I don't know.. but i know God has His plans for me... await it patiently... May God give me the strength to get through it...

As i read my email article of faith... again... it reminds me of the thoughts i have... with the bible verse that go
"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails. - Proverbs 19:21" This further encourages me.

Again, seeking answer from God, God spoke through the Oswald Chambers' Golden book. It speaks of the troubled. John 14:27 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. It reminds me that i may not seek peace thru any other thing. but only thru my Lord Jesus. King of peace. Peace comes from HIM. Let us fix our eyes upon Him, just as said in Hebrews 12:2 2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

In ending... I would like to pray that, I may find the door that God has provided in my life... Every time when God closes a door, He opens another. We just have to back off from the closed door and search for another open door... I also want to take the opportunity to pray for the person who stole my bike. May he/she realize that stealing is not a solution to things. It's not right to take from others, regardless if he/she is rich or poor. If he/she is a non-believer, I pray that he/she may have the opportunity to have access to the Gospel. May the Holy Spirit touch him/her. Let he/she repent from the act and May God pardon him/her. I truly pray that if he/she is a believer, He/she may realize that by his/her act, it has caused pain to others.

As for myself, May God Almighty fill this heart with LOVE. So much that people surrounding me could feel it... Let me not be overcome by hatred or anger... Help me be more Christ-like. All this i ask in Jesus Name. Amen!

May those who reads this, pray with me as well. Thanks for your participation in prayers! God Bless!




No comments: