Saturday, September 22, 2007

6⁰?

Is it really true that the world is differentiated by 6 Degrees apart? If so, why is it that through this 6 Degrees of differentiation, a man and a woman may come together? How would you know if he or she is the one? Is it because you made a point that he or she is the one? Isn’t it funny when just you thought he or she is the one, it turns out to be sour?

Why is it that some people can so easily be in a relationship and some have to struggle and fight to be in one? Is it because of the qualities of human? Physical? Personality? Emotionally?

I was once told, man (mankind) by default is designed to have another half. I just have to keep searching and searching for the other half. The other half don’t just drop down from heaven. This I hold on tightly as I personally believe that God don’t help those who don’t help themselves. Thats where i began my search.

But yet again, SOME people are gifted with the gift of Celibacy. Consecrating them self to serve the Lord and hold fast to their gift of singleness. This I begin to ponder whether I am chosen to be gifted. As I dwell on this surface of dirt, I search and search. In confusion whether am I searching in vain!

How is it that 2 person may come together and stay together? Why he or she? When there are 6.7 billion other people on this piece of rock? I truly admire the couples who made it. Those who made it to consecrate themselves to matrimony of vow. Not only making the vow, but holding tight to it no matter what. This is something that has been happening since Genesis and yet it amazes me. It’s so simple yet so complicated.

Sometimes, I just can’t help but to say “It’s AWESOME!” In the midst of admiration, I sometimes really think. Will I be able to setup my own family and such? Will I be able to have a spouse next time? Will I be a good companion, b/f, husband, father and maybe grandpa? To think of it, it’s really far and yet so near.

The fact that not even having a g/f makes me really doubt. How is it that I always get the NO? When will I get a yes? Try harder? It’s not easy to have a feel for someone and then court and then propose and then comes a NO. It’s painful…


How is it that Our God is a God of Love and yet it’s so hard to Love? Try as I may, to love but it’s just so different to love someone with affection and to love someone with care. It’s different. Loving someone special means the Love you pour out is so special that it’s poured out is so special for that person only. You can’t possibly duplicate this love per se.



If only love is like cooking. Where I know what ingredients I need, how to cook it and how to prepare it. But yet, Love needs patience. Just like cooking, you sometimes need slow fire to slowly bring out the taste. And sometimes big flame to flambé the flavor out.

Ah, the aroma I can smell from the table across. And yet where is mine? To start with, where are the ingredients? Who am I cooking this for? Or Whom shall I cook this with? It’s really disturbing to know that the earth is actually differentiated with 6 Degrees only. So near and yet so far… Where art Thou?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is love, and He has called us to love. If it really were that simple, why'd He bother telling us to do so SO many times?

And keep searching, one day you'll find :)

And the love you speak off for that special someone, that's something even I reserve.

Anonymous said...

That someone special will appear one day when the time is right.. Why worry now since you can't control or predict what will happen in the future.. Sometimes we just have to learn to let go of things. We can't have everything that we want in life (yes, humans are greedy & they never satisfied with what they have) Do appreciate what you have right now & enjoy life as you enjoy cooking haha! =)
*Btw, i saw a few blogs that are related to foods & cookings & i was thinking you might be interested (http://masak-masak.blogspot.com) There are many links that are related to foods & cookings in that blog as well..

Anonymous said...

Garry,

The fact that you are TRYING to get hooked means that you definately do not have the gift of celibacy. Haha!!! If you had it, you'd not even be interested in finding yourself a girlfriend.

It's just that your time has not yet come. For quite a few reasons actually. Either you, or her, is not yet ready, or there's some things you should do alone.

Take this from someone who's been on the other side of your fence. I have been in a relationship since Form 5, and both of us know that we have given up quite a few personal dreams for the sake of our relationship.

But that's life. You win some, you lose some.

All that matters is that you get closer to God each day.

SaD.jc

Anonymous said...

well, i think they have said what needs to be said already. All I wanted to say is, you're just 20. say if you get a gf now, at what age do you plan to marry? And how sure are you by that age you can support your own family? (these are questions conveyed to me by my youth pastor last time.) well, ponder on it lar.. haha. less you have a firm answer, it's better to be like me, single and enjoying it.. haha