Sunday, September 16, 2007

Will it sustain?

After 21 days since losing my 'baby' - Bike... Today, I praise the Lord for his kind and goodness that i am being blessed with another bike. Only to lose a Rock and Get Nexus. Hopefully it'll be sustained and well watched over this time round.











Clearer description & picture can be found at: http://quicksilver.com.my/products1.asp?catid=MOUNTAIN&subcatid=MB02&id=235











Well, going back to the same shop in SS 14, arriving at the shop itself gave the shop owner a fright. the immediate reaction was as if he knew my bike's stolen already. Signaling to me using his hand , flipping it over & over, asking me, "gone?" i just smiled and nod.

Having to make my decision on Bike again, he told me that the price of bicycle has increased since my last visit. Neverthe less, he will still quote me the 'best' price. I was thinking... "should i buy back the same Rock bike or should i get something of the same range?"

The Choices laid out were Raleigh, Nexus & Rock Bike. Each differentiated by RM 20. I was especially attracted to Nexus & Raleigh's frame. The problem that Raleigh had was that it's tyre Spooks structure is a single walled while Rock Bike & Nexus both has Doubled walled tyre spooks. As science recommends, double walled spooks are able to support heavier mass. Besides, Raleigh's price was the highest of all the three. Therefore, Raleigh fell out of the choice list.

Narrowing to only 2, I was of course attracted to Nexus as I used Rock Bike for 26 days (1 Aug - 26 Aug), i know how Rock Bike functions and it's characteristics. I look at nexus, It's really 'sexy' :P With that, i think to myself, "there so many Rockbikes in Monash Uni which looks the same as this one. Why not get something 'extra-ordinary'?" And besides, with extra RM 18 i can get something better... Thats where i decided to get Nexus.

Originally RM 420, I managed to get the price of RM 388 (inclusive of the bike, Alloyed paddle & a heavy duty lock). Thank God for me being a Foochow... Did i mentioned the shop-owner was a Foochow too? :P hahaha...
With the choice made, i had to make sure the safety of the bike. I got the heavy duty lock. From the picture, i made a comparisons of it with the pencil to show how thick it is. And look at the intersections of the lock. It's quite thick. I suppose it will take a REALLY huge cutter to cut it.




The Lock itself already is as heavy as a 700ml mineral water bottle. Therefore, additional purpose... 'walloping' (whacking) anyone who endanger me... Hopefully won't use it to that extend :P Kakaka...










Right after buying the bike, i cycled to church. On the way, it brought back so much sad memory of losing the bike. My eyes were literally scanning all around and searching into all houses looking for the sight of my old bike. The thought of seeing my old bike or Paul's bike creates a deep hate and pain in my heart.

After arriving at church, i thought i would ask Pastor to bless the bike. But to much hope comes much disappointment. Pastor's on leave... :S What a day... Anyways, I know that with earnest prayers, i know God is watching over it. And i am responsible on taking care of it. By any fault, it's my own fault on letting it happen...

Soon, Church will be moving to the new building near Medan.. Then, i'll be able to avoid that painful place with bad memories~ May you all who read this blog help me pray & bless my new 'baby'... :P Thanks for reading!

No comments: