Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Am I ready?

As the nominations and elections season arrive, I am once again prompted with the question. “How? Are you ready?” I am truly bothered by this question. It’s been a year that I gave myself the preparation. However, it seems the problem has not been solved.

Being slapped the question, is not a easy task to answer it. Being given a choice, when in good condition, nobody wants to change. The very reason, not many people wants to be placed in an environment of uncertainties. Especially, when your decisions may greatly affect the future course of many.

But I ask myself a question, isn’t it many great leaders too face this problem? How many leaders dare say that they have the 100% confidence that their leadership outcome will be good? Each leader’s decision of leading involves risk. A risk which involves betting ones reputation.

Again, the old sayings goes, ‘Nothing ventured, nothing gain’. And even Christ me Lord was once faced with such great moment. Matthew 26:39 39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

But yet He said, not as I will, but as You (Father God) will. I suppose, we each have a choice to do it or not. It’s just the matter of obedience. If I am not ready now, when will I be ready? As I ponder upon it, I believe in learning through preparation. Even after I have chosen to do it, I am still learning from it. ANCORA IMPARO~ :P AND The risk? Let GOD deal with it~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so my brother, are you ready?

garrylin said...

YES! I AM... For it is in HIM that i am abled... May God deal with the Risk~