Friday, May 9, 2008

Been pondering…

So long as I have lived, it is to my amazement to ponder what love is… what is the true love that we have been talking about? Some say, during the time of trials is the time when true love is seen. Some say, true love is when you take a bite into that chocolate cake. That feeling of floating and enjoyment is called true love. Some others say, true love is two people in never ending arguments. Or some might even say, love is like a game, sometimes I let you win and other of the time you let me win. I’ve even heard some people who say, true love is when the other is willing to sacrifice for one another.

So, what is it really this true love is? The bible did mention what Love is…





Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
I Corinthians 13:4-8a (NIV)






I suppose Love cannot be described by words. Action speaks louder than words! It was said that when people ask Jesus how much does God love me? Jesus stretched His hands and died on the cross.

However, for us, human being human, how do we die for one another? It’s easy to say, till death do us apart. But, till criticism, till money matters, till the time of trials, many go apart. IS that what we call un-true love? But in our heart we still say, yes, I LOVE him/her. Isn’t it a conflict? At the end of the day, the question goes; do we really love ourselves more or the other person?






I guess, the time has not come to when I myself hasn’t really been involve in a relationship to really understand the mea
ning of Love. So, God Please so help me!

2 comments:

Veman Lim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Veman Lim said...

Quite agree wat u said... ppl say that u shud know wat is love to love someone. But how u know wat is love if u havent love someone..