Thursday, October 9, 2008

Enough!



It been a hectic week! Fuh, finally the load has been taken off after the submission of my assignment today. Now, begins the nightmare. As the exam week encroaches, revision is a vital step to prevail over the fear of failure. ENOUGH! Is the key! Enough of failing, victory is what I claim for. Nevertheless, been pondering is there a better alternative than exams? Though over the years, this topic has been debated numerous times and it seems exam is still very much around…

Being in the academic world, I do think time is of essence. We are to master a subject within 12 Weeks! From almost nothing, we have to master the unit. So much so I sometimes wonder if books are of use. It’s not like when we pass our exam, we are sure to be good at the practical.
The whole holistic institution is not that intellectual after all. We are merely a few living books which repeat whatever the books have written. No doubt, I am not against examination though. Examinations do play a role in ‘filtering’ some lazy bums who dwell in the holistic body and act to be a drip. It’s really an amazement to see so many types of people in the university.

From group assignments, one will be able to see the assortment of people. Some who makes you love, some who makes you hate. Some who just makes you adore them. I was once told of my purpose in the university is to mould myself. From study, one is able to shape ones many skills. Ability to persevere, communicate, patience and so forth…

Thru the trials and error, one is changed. Of course not everyone goes thru that. Some remained the same. Whilst some really ‘wasted’ their time… and others’ time… thus, I think my experience in the academia world has thus brought me quite far. I have learnt a lot thru the trials and error… I thank God for the opportunities that has step up my door and pls, help me thru it.

Last but not least, I recall my spiritual encounter when my nightmare was haunting and I was terribly terrified. I was shown a particular quote which made everything still for a moment… “If you fail to learn, Learn to Fail”

No comments: