Friday, December 26, 2008

KL- Penang- Malacca- KL




Hello everyone... I know.. long time no post… no worries.. I’ll try make it up… to all the bloggers… if you think u can save up and do it later… or post it later… trust me.. u’ll end up like me… NO post! Hahaha…

Anyways… where should I begin? I guess I’ll begin with my trip with my family from KL- Penang- Malacca – KL. To begin with, the trip was tremendously wonderful!

It’s been a LONG LONG time since my family and I went to Penang and Malacca… This time round majorly is to refresh our family trip and bring my sister there and it’s her 1st time visiting Penang and Malacca.

Anyways… I get to do LOTS of photo shoots this time round and some new places which I think I didn’t go when I visited Penang and Malacca the last time…

Here are some photos…













I do notice Penang Seems to be flooded with “O’ zian” a.k.a. Fried Oyster and Fried Kueh Tiao and the Asam laksa… It’s more common than the food like Wan Tan mee or Chicken Rice…

But it was tasty! Nice! And we get to have a great tour guide… who was our driver for a day… He seems to be always using the word, ‘ALAMAK, Very Taste!’ That was the word of the month.. hahaha…

And not forgetting the ‘dim sum’ at Penang … it was really a heart touching one from the word ‘Dim Sum’… if translated literally, meaning ‘Touching the heart’

Overall, Penang’s a food paradise… Thanks to the location of our hotel, Evergreen laurel Hotel was a Splendid hotel with good location… parallel to G-Hotel and Gurney plaza, where the Food street is… Gurney Drive… My family and I have no regrets staying there…

Later, we went to Malacca… The historic city… really historic… so historic that we find the city dead on Monday… The hotel we stayed in was so quiet… Later we found out that, Malacca is busiest on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, where the Jonker street comes alive and the hotels flooded with people…

Food was just so so in Malacca… except for the chilly mud-crab and the special round rice ball chicken rice… Other than that... just the nice ancient olden building for photo shoots…. Malacca’s filled with the Baba and Nyonya Culture (Chinese mix with Malay) … These food are rich and spicy… maybe its because I don’t fancy stimulating food…

The only regret I have during my trips is that I totally forgot to buy souvenirs for my friends… Was busy buying for my families (Aunts, Uncle, Couzzie) … Sorry, Friends… Garry = Family Guy… Kekeke… So long for KL- Penang- Malacca- KL… till then… stay tune for Mulu National park~

3 comments:

CHARISMA said...

I have 2 of the same pictures during my trip to Penang last time, it was the golden standing buddha & the laying down one, haha.

garrylin said...

reli? Cool... i guess thats becoz it's the landmark and most celebrated shoots... kekeke

Brian Chye said...

Hmm.. I think you went to the wrong place to eat that's why the food was so so LoL xD